[ALL] How did you first get into The Sims?
(08-05-2018, 01:42 PM)hafuhga Wrote: I like this thread! This is one of the sims I love to know about other simmers!
I went to a shop and asked for a game without violence (it was good the shop assistent didn't know one can kill the sims on game  or maybe I wouldn't have bought  The Sims then.  My girls loved it  but I had ot help a little so we played the tutorial together and I thought them how to build the houses... 

Aww, it's so cute that the Sims was a family thing for you guys!

I was introduced to the Sims by my cousin when i was about... 9? I don't remember. But I do remember that I was intrigued. I begged my parents to let me play, but they balked at the Teen rating (yet they let my brother play GTA when he was like 10 so... obviously they gave up after I, their firstborn, grew up a little.  Rolleyes ) My dad and i compromised and he let me "play" this "game" called 3d Home Architect (which was a real program for people to design their own home plans, apparently) so I could build houses like I wanted to in the Sims... finally I was old enough. It ran really badly on almost every computer my family owned until I got my own at about 16.  Big Grin I've played every generation of the sims extensively, except 4. I really don't like 4 for some reason.  Dodgy 

Funny thing is, I very nearly despise building in the sims now. So obviously i wanted the game for more than building!  Shy
Topic Options