[ALL] How did you first get into The Sims?
So... Back in about... 1994 or so... I used to play SimCity 2000 a LOT. Sims though, as a game, wasn't really on my radar. I remember hearing stories about it (I can't recall when I heard these), mostly about sims locked in rooms on fire, or in houses without bathrooms, etc. etc. I kind of had a side-eye for these stories, and never even checked out the game.

Fast forward 20 or so years.... 

I have a friend who is -really- into cars. He attends car shows regularly, and in the summer this is sometimes every weekend. This one car show he went to a couple of years ago, had a raffle of the type where you get X number of tickets and then you put your tickets in bags for the specific prize types you want. I've always felt this is a nifty way to do a raffle, because then no one wins anything they're not interested in. In any case, he was apparently the only gaming nerd at this car show, because no one else put any tickets into the two games categories: PC, and Handheld. He therefore walked away with all the games.  Tongue

So after keeping a couple games for himself, he offered me first pick of what he didn't want. Among them were Sims3, University, and Pets. Since I'd heard about the game a lot, but never actually played it, I thought it might be funny to try it out. The addiction was fairly instant. Within about 8 months I owned all the EP's, SP's, and was well on my way to 'owning the store' as well.

I spent a lot of time on the Sims 3 site, a bit less on the official Sims 3 forums, and eventually made my way to tumblr... why tumblr is an entirely different story... which is where Acquiresimoleons found me and eventually linked me to this forum. xD
Topic Options