[ALL] How did you first get into The Sims?
The game notifications they had in the Sims 2, was one of the things I really missed in the Sims 3. All those messages from the social worker about how your kid sims' lives would be eternally ruined if you killed off their ratty parents. Always made me laugh.

I think I liked the Sims 1 and 2 for their gameplay the most. And the Sims 3 for the whole open world concept. You can't beat the Sims 3 for sheer beauty when it comes to the different worlds. I know the Sims 1 wasn't all that great graphics-wise, but it was lighthearted and had some really cute elements that EA just sort of tossed out when they created the Sims 2, and later, the Sims 3. Not sure why they did that. When they talked about Showtime, I was expecting them to revisit that Hollywood ep, that they had in the Sims 1. Have some actual sets and celebs, and stuff like they had before - just better. Instead they gave us a nothing town that looked similar to all the other worlds. Ditto with Late Night. I thought it would be a better version of the Sims 2 ep, but again, huge failure. And the Supernatural thing. Would have been so much better if they had gone back to the Goth Quarter of the Sims 1 - a New Orleans vibe - instead of the crappy Twilight ripoff. They could have saved that world - which is beautiful - for that stupid Midnight one that you can't see, to play.

Anyway, just wish EA had retained some of the lighthearted aspects that they had in the Sims 1 and 2. I know they always claimed that they didn't want to repeat themselves, but when something isn't broke, why fix it. "Real" restaurants with waiters and all the animations that went with them, open for business, the apartments, the magic, uni - all those things that made the Sims 2 so much fun, could have been retained and improved upon for the Sims 3. Instead, they gave us half-baked crap that the players themselves had to work on to make playable.

If they ever create the Sims 5, I'm hoping they combine the best of the Sims 1, 2, and 3, and finally give us what we wanted all along.
(08-11-2018, 05:00 PM)samkat Wrote: The game notifications they had in the Sims 2, was one of the things I really missed in the Sims 3. All those messages from the social worker about how your kid sims' lives would be eternally ruined if you killed off their ratty parents. Always made me laugh.

StoryProgression by Nraas actually has a lot of funny notifications. I use it instead of the games story progression and it shows me great stuff sometimes Big Grin
My father used to buy those gaming magazines, that then ended up on the loo, for everybody to read while doing their business. I flipped through one, while doing mine, one day and saw an aritcle about Sims 1 and knew I needed to get it. Which I did. The rest is self explaining history.
Topic Options