[TS3] PP World Custom Content Thread
I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread devoted to the things we're creating specifically for this world. If I'm in the wrong spot, feel free to move this, but I wanted Norn to be able to see updates so she knows what I'm making progress on Smile

As of this moment I'm halfway through editing images for a selection of custom signs and wall posters for our world, as many with a distinct vintage and/or cape cod kind of feel.  I'm open to ideas/suggestions and maybe these will inspire you to new things when you're building or creating families bear 

[Image: tumblr_pd18o8MBqe1sbu9t6o1_400.jpg]

"Son of a beach" (alternatively I could make this a beach directional sign, it wouldn't be hard)

[Image: tumblr_pd18o8MBqe1sbu9t6o2_400.jpg]

"Come Visit Scenic New Haven"

[Image: tumblr_pd18o8MBqe1sbu9t6o3_250.jpg]

This one says something about national parks but I forget what and I saved over the original Wink can't read Simlish no matter how hard I try, my brain just won't accept it xD

[Image: tumblr_pd18o8MBqe1sbu9t6o4_400.png]

Blueberry Hill Farm

[Image: tumblr_pd18o8MBqe1sbu9t6o5_400.png]
"Come in we're open"

[Image: tumblr_pd18o8MBqe1sbu9t6o6_400.png]

"The Davidson's Wine Cellar" the name is easily changed if you need or want a different one for some reason

[Image: tumblr_pd18o8MBqe1sbu9t6o7_400.png]

"HOT coffee 10cent per cup"

[Image: tumblr_pd18o8MBqe1sbu9t6o8_400.png]
"Ice cold lemonade"

[Image: tumblr_pd18o8MBqe1sbu9t6o9_400.png]
"Self Service Laundry Room open 24 hours"

[Image: tumblr_pd18o8MBqe1sbu9t6o10_400.png]

"New Haven Hand Crafted Goods est. 1810"

To be continued bear
[Image: tumblr_pd18q9psui1sbu9t6o3_500.png]

"Plumbob Lobster Company New Haven"

[Image: tumblr_pd18q9psui1sbu9t6o1_400.png]
"New Haven"

[Image: tumblr_pd18q9psui1sbu9t6o2_400.png]

"New Haven"

I'm open to ideas/suggestions about what you'd like to see more of, like wall stickers, hanging wall signs, bigger signs on the side of the street, actual billboards, etc. I have approximately 19 more images to edit of varying degrees of complexity.

I'd also like to suggest some of my custom walls and floors be used in this world, I'm sure it would help with the weatherbeaten new england look. Thoughts?
They look amazing and really atmospheric, although I'm hesitant on us using the name New Haven as this was a pretty popular Sims 2 world already.

[Image: tumblr_pcpbds1Xmz1r4c5dxo1_400.jpg]
How retro are we talking about, here? 40's to 60's? Some kind of vague never-was time before computers but after electricity? Should the Sims be dressed like something out of an old L.L. Bean catalogue?
(08-06-2018, 11:56 PM)windermeresimblr Wrote: How retro are we talking about, here? 40's to 60's? Some kind of vague never-was time before computers but after electricity? Should the Sims be dressed like something out of an old L.L. Bean catalogue?

Not necessarily that old. But the area would be filled with a lot of antiques and you'd see a lot of vintage stuff/designs around.  I think the idea is a quaint old town that hasn't really changed much with time.
(08-06-2018, 04:18 PM)Hellfrozeover Wrote: They look amazing and really atmospheric, although I'm hesitant on us using the name New Haven as this was a pretty popular Sims 2 world already.

Well if  we think of a name  we like much better I'm making sure it's not nightmarish to edit the text.   The hard part is always getting the regular text off. Personally I like that name. .. as long as it's a different game I don't think it matters too much.  And it is for us ?
Love them, they look really great! And I especially love that they are in Simlish! Will those be separate pictures, i.e. cc that builders should use in their builds? Can they be added as presets to existing pictures?

I can also try to recolour some in-game stuff and overlay existing pics, like flags or posters on the street lamps or stuff like that.
(08-07-2018, 06:18 AM)Norn Wrote: Love them, they look really great! And I especially love that they are in Simlish! Will those be separate pictures, i.e. cc that builders should use in their builds? Can they be added as presets to existing pictures?

I can also try to recolour some in-game stuff and overlay existing pics, like flags or posters on the street lamps or stuff like that.

I plan to make a few signs as wall stickers so builders can put them on their lots as actual signs. Some I plan to put on cloned store wall hanging signs and I want to do a few as the big signs for the front of buildings. I can experiment with adding them as preset overrides, if that's what people would like.  

If someone wants an image file to do something specific please let me know I'm happy to send along the edited png ?
Ok so I went in quickly and took some screenshots of the signs I had in mind, so people have a better idea of what I'm thinking.

[Image: tumblr_pd355gB86b1sbu9t6o1_540.png]

1-7 here are pretty sure bets. They should work well and fit in the world nicely once retextured. I plan to do a variety of sizes and etc of wall images so if anyone else feels like looking up cape cod type advertisements and wants to send them my way...

[Image: tumblr_pd355gB86b1sbu9t6o2_540.png]

8-10 are a little iffy. They might be worth a try though.

[Image: tumblr_pd355gB86b1sbu9t6o3_540.png]

These I will do if anyone would like to have more beach type signage.
Yeah you're right re the name, let's just stick with it Smile Hopefully the sands of TS2 time will help us Lol Your signs are looking great though, very on theme!

[Image: tumblr_pcpbds1Xmz1r4c5dxo1_400.jpg]
Topic Options