[TS3] Twinbrook Revamp
I'm working on an edit of Twinbrook, the world that came with Ambitions. I like the general feel of the world - swampy, foggy, a little eerie. Seems like a great place for magic and mystery! Too bad Twinbrook is so overwhelming and ugly in its base form Tongue

Because I can't seem to help myself, I decided to revamp it to suit me better (and probably to share with others if I actually finish it, but I want to see if I can finish it first Rolleyes )

So far my biggest edits include... deleting everything. All the roads, sidewalks, trees, lots, etc. I am repainting it and refloriifying (LOL new word) as I go. Some pics!

[Image: tumblr_pe031croZn1sbu9t6o1_1280.png]

A central feature will be the old fashioned ring style hill fort. I wanted walls more like this

[Image: 95fddee149a1ff7346882cb28d4cc6bf.jpg]
but one has to adapt to what can be done and I'm no mesher (at least not yet)

[Image: tumblr_pe031croZn1sbu9t6o3_540.png]

Work continues in the swamp. Going to be a lot more cattails, swamp grass, willow trees and so forth. I'm basing this loosely on Louisiana's bayou area but probably rockier.

[Image: tumblr_pe031croZn1sbu9t6o4_540.png]

My goal here largely is to make it a more authentic swamp. More plants, actual fog emitters instead of the weird ambitions version that is very weird in pictures. Better terrain paints.

I haven't deleted the spawners, but I'm debating it because it might be better to start from scratch than to try to add in the ones I'd want to be there. I'm definitely adding in some from France and Egypt for frogs and alligators. 

Updates as I find time to work on it Smile
So I'm focusing on the swamp first, big surprise! Anyway I'm working on it and since I had the terrain paint more or less finalized there I decided to drop a lot and export it for some preliminary testing.

[Image: tumblr_pe0fqjQrBO1sbu9t6o1_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_pe0fqjQrBO1sbu9t6o3_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_pe0fqjQrBO1sbu9t6o2_540.png]

Talia Broussard is my testing sim. She will likely be a resident when the world is finished.

[Image: tumblr_pe0fxm1cRC1sbu9t6o3_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_pe0fxm1cRC1sbu9t6o4_540.png]

This walking bridge was one of the things I wanted to test but she ran across it fine! I did find a spot where the path is underwater though, need to fix that.

[Image: tumblr_pe0fxm1cRC1sbu9t6o2_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_pe0fxm1cRC1sbu9t6o1_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_pe0ftn5mln1sbu9t6o1_540.png]

bear
What a cool idea! Can't wait to see how it progresses. I love a good swamp.
(08-25-2018, 01:26 PM)whitnerd Wrote: What a cool idea! Can't wait to see how it progresses. I love a good swamp.

Me too! Big Grin  I feel like EA really dropped the ball on this one. I hope to produce something both visual and playable, but we'll see. my caw skills are only mediocre xD

Work continues... adding trees, adjusting terrain, layering in the ‘filler’ plants. Pics are taken in caw so no effects are running. I just like adjusting the time of day to see how the light filters through the trees. Movement of light is very important to me.

[Image: tumblr_pe2tvjR0KO1sbu9t6o1_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_pe2tvjR0KO1sbu9t6o2_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_pe2tvjR0KO1sbu9t6o3_540.png]

I'm also working on custom plants for the world.

[Image: tumblr_pe2g1gLKE31sbu9t6o1_540.png]

Some reeds!

[Image: tumblr_pe0n60U7Fx1sbu9t6o1_540.png]

A swamp rose!

others are in progress but not looking good enough for me to post a final pic of yet xD
This looks great so far Heart The top photos look so real!

[Image: tumblr_pcpbds1Xmz1r4c5dxo1_400.jpg]
Thanks =D I like how it's coming along. There are going to be two swamp areas in the world as I'm opening it up (EA had 3/4 of the world set as unroutable) and I'm still deciding how I want to lay it out. It's an interesting side project!
I love what you've done so far  Heart  The idea of a hillfort and what you've got so far looks wonderful!

Quote:[Image: tumblr_pe2tvjR0KO1sbu9t6o1_540.png]

WOW!!!
Topic Options