The Sims 4 Get Famous - Thoughts?

[Image: tumblr_pcpbds1Xmz1r4c5dxo1_400.jpg]
My only thoughts about this EP are that I really wanted Supernatural or University, so no matter how great this EP might be, I will be disappointed.
I think I'd find the Golden Toilet funnier if it looked like we were getting a solid set of items, but what I've seen so far seems like a collection of random items "for the lulz". Get Together, Cats+Dogs and especially Seasons were really good for furniture and build items that I could use in a wide variety of styles, enough to really improve my previously negative opinions of the franchise. But the things I've seen from Get Famous are more like, "when am I ever going to use that?"

I'm not a fan of the CAS items I've managed to see so far either... they feel like items from the Sims 3 Store, to be quite honest with you. Again with the lack of versatility.
Seasons and Cats and Dogs had some lovely items...the gold toilet was just a bit...well, no. I'll give Get Famous a chance though Smile God, we all know I'm going to buy it anyway lol.

Hey, if they somehow managed to get me to buy My First Pet Stuff...

I use some of the deco items, and the cat lamp is actually quite cute. And I love the custom rodents that Kalinotron made using the hamster cage (I also love that you have a chance of basically catching bubonic plague from your pet rodents, which is so uncharacteristically true-to-life for Sims). So I will shut my eyes and tell myself that all makes up for that three-layer hair.
My opinion is probably not the most popular one, but I quite liked TS3 VIP, so I'm quite interested in the new stuff added to gameplay on this EP... Even if I still don't play TS4 for now XD
(11-15-2018, 09:54 AM)Margot Wrote: My opinion is probably not the most popular one, but I quite liked TS3 VIP, so I'm quite interested in the new stuff added to gameplay on this EP... Even if I still don't play TS4 for now XD

Is that what they called Late Night in French? In Korean they called it "After Everyone Has Gone to Bed", which I find is kinda cute and also a bit misrepresentative of the content (since "everyone" is supposed to be out clubbing rather than tucked safe in bed). But it's fun knowing what the different expansions are called in different languages.

As I type this, I'm watching a sneak peek of the CAS content, and there's actually some neat stuff there! Aside from the costumes, there's actually a fairly decent selection of clothes that are more appropriate as modern casual wear, AND that are attractive and fashion-forward. I imagine we'll have even more choice once the CC creators get to work removing random logos and attached accessories.

Haven't looked too much at Build/Buy yet, except I spied some landscaping items for the garden that looked promising. I also like that a good chunk of the furniture has a mid-century theme, I know simmers in general can't get enough of that aesthetic.
(11-16-2018, 01:32 AM)spoonsthings Wrote: Is that what they called Late Night in French? In Korean they called it "After Everyone Has Gone to Bed", which I find is kinda cute and also a bit misrepresentative of the content (since "everyone" is supposed to be out clubbing rather than tucked safe in bed). But it's fun knowing what the different expansions are called in different languages.
Yes my bad I should have looked for the actual name before.
I bought it, but naturally EA overlooked a huge aging bug where sims age at random (and often die), soooo i'm not playing right now.

Topic Options